This is a really delicious protein pancake recipe which is ideal for a weekend breakfast after a morning run or workout. Serve them with whatever fruit / yoghurt you like but my favourite is Total yoghurt with raspberries. I usually have 2
Ingredients (per pancake)
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 scoop of Whey Protein (try chocolate flavour)
- 1⁄2 banana peeled and sliced
- 15g oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon (fine cut ones work best)
- 1 Tablespoon cottage cheese (adds texture)
- 8g Coconut Oil.
- 60g Total 0% Fat Greek Yoghurt
How to Make
In a bowl whisk together the eggs, whey protein and cottage cheese until all the ingredients are combined. Then stir in banana, oats and cinnamon. Warm a medium sized non-stick frying pan and add coconut oil. Pour mixture to desired size and cook on both sides for 1-2 mins.
To serve: Serve with Greek yoghurt and fruit.
Tips: Look for bubbles in pancakes, an indication that one side is cooked.